Friday, December 10, 2010

How Cat Techie Defeated Vaidehi Sachin? Finally a Relief for Hackers


How Cat Techie Defeated Vaidehi Sachin? Finally a Relief for Hackers

M aking of this book has an interesting story to share, and that is about my first encounter with hackers. I am too much into social networking sites and through face book I became familiar to all different hackers with weird profile pictures and coded name. This is probably the first community where I could see hidden faces and identities. Here the Guys with big ego and unwanted attitudes, no compromising nature, high display of skills, and very little harmony and peace, yet this is one of the strongest community of principles. This community is very big but half of the community members are wan bees.

I would like to site some odd and even examples around

Prince Arab - his profile pic gives you impression of an aggressive prince, and when he communicates under the mask you take those dialogs in that sense, but in actual he is a normal web developer and engineer, and nowhere near the personality of realness’ or prince. He is just an average looking boy with an average intellect. Chota hacker very affectionate and caring guy, looking at his statements every one misunderstands him but he is just a school going kid, Silent hacker – most talkative person. The biggest punishment for him is making him sit quite for few seconds. Broken angel, why he chose this name god knows but he is the most sophisticated guy and angel in true sense. Lord crusader injector, the impression comes of a huge personality but he is little dark looking, average built boy next door. Darklook - a real handsome and fair guy. Revenge - most harmless, sweet composed and focused young boy. Cyber Swati - a lions face but he is as tiny as a rat with brown eyes fair complexion, a tiny little boy.

Not last but the least if I had to site an example of big names such as “Rascal” a famous hacker is the most decent person, with humble attitude and utmost maturity, another example of Pakistan hacker ‘Zombie (KSA) he is nowhere near zombie characters, he is most intelligent and lively person, ever active and aggressive. I am not sighting these example to offend any one.

There are many fake people around who neither is worth mentioning nor do they have any characters or morals. They are hidden entities with bad intentions. I started studying about hackers, their lifestyles and wondered who these people are etc. I was thrilled to see all young techies applying their brains in cyber expertise but at the same time I was horrified to see the preparations of Gen next war. I started adding these guys to my profile. But, strangely the moment they come to know that I am a journalist, they used to refuse my request. One thing I would like to mention here is that hackers do lots of blogging. Many of the hackers maintain ten to fifteen blogs each. Their optimizing skills are amazing. They function in chain, one hacker passes the news to other hacker and in no time the news gets spread everywhere. These blogs are their tools to defame the enemy and or to publicize themselves.

I have never seen such trained traits of blogging. Forums is another place where all these hackers generally discuss many things like latest hacking tools, queries, gossips and whose doing what. To enter in such forums with actual name and identity was little difficult for me, those days rattechie a pak hacker used to hassle me a lot, I though why not I be a cattechie? Cat generally relates to female identity and I posses strong intuitive senses like cat that’s the reason I preferred my name as cat techie. And that's how I was born as cattechie. Cattechie became my coded name in hackers' zone. And here I ventured into a new horizon and the journey began with interactions, chatting, spending sleepless nights under investigation to explore more about this world. It gave another meaning to my life. Now cat is a friend of almost 80 percent of the community while 20 percent are strongly against her, because they never liked her existence in their hidden world. Hackers generally don’t like people setting rules for them. They hate if someone tries to go close and uncover them, they are the creatures of dark world.

Now my wall is just a sports ground, I love them to see gathered at my wall, at times we had lots of fun, this was beautiful time I spent with these hackers, fearless ambience, laughter, and happiness Face book is calm world with big noise and different ambiance.

Those days I became very close to some of the hackers who are all from middle class families, having no background, hiding from legal clutches and unaware of the outer world. I started thinking and then I thought why not unite them and bring them under one roof? I and my team used to sit over night discussing on this issue and finally both of us came to the conclusion to unite them for a cause, to form a strong hacker's army and restore them in the mainstream employment as security experts. We decided to assign them task and provide them a platform to serve this nation with pride and candidly. I had decided to uncover their masks and give them their identity which they had lost. That's how we started our task. Initially no one was ready to join us and was rather scared to talk to me. Some of them even accused me of using them for publicity. Some of them thought I am an undercover intelligence persona and here I was to put a trap on these hackers. Then to take them in confidence and provide them the platform, I started Hacker5 magazine which is a very unique magazine and truly one of its kind. The first magazine is run by a team of hackers. This is something to their belonging and a resource to voice their opinion. All big, small hackers came forward for launch of this magazine and it was a pleasant surprise for us to be gracefully accepted by a huge number of hackers. This magazine is a unique venture by hackers and journalists, a platform for young techies to explore their talent, voice opinion, and an attempt to unite hackers under one roof.

Our first edition of the magazine was launched at Chandigarh and we all were excited as the place as well the subject was very new to us. It was no less than a challenging task for us. Early in the morning the day of the launch, we got a major blow with the news that the CM of Punjab got hospitalized due to a minor accident. He was supposed to be the Chief Guest along with the Governor and few other ministers as special guests for the event. Our entire planning was breaking down and excitement taking a back seat. All the other ministers who were invited had been to the hospital to attend the CM leaving us tensed and helpless. Who to invite was the biggest challenge in front of us and that too at the eleventh hour was frightening us. Finally, by god's grace the launch was successfully done by the hands of a well known Punjabi singer Shamsher Mehndi. This gave us a huge sigh of relief and put life in us again. Interestingly, we had a wonderful number of media persons who had come to cover the event. We were pleased to see the response we achieved by the media. While some were keen to know about the subject whereas few others were accusing us for uniting hackers means since according to them it was like creating syndicate of criminals. Each reporter having some or the other query surrounded me and in fact attacked on me with questions. Being a journalist I have done the same thing to many but for the first time I experienced the feeling of being on the other side and facing the heat from the side of reporters. Fortunately, everything went fine and the show was very well co ordinate and anchored by hackers themselves. Our magazine too got good response in the market.

Well began is half done. and today successful 3rd edition of Hacker5 is out with more than 5000 subscriptions.

I realized that these people are no less than heroes of computer revolution. The only way to prevent hackers from venturing into crime is to provide a platform for their existence and an outlet to display their skills. I made an appeal to all the hackers to unite. My objective was to bring at least young tech minds into the fold. I inspired young people to take up a career in hacking; we need to address all the issues concerning with cyber-security in the same manner. Rush to train, recruit elite hackers.

By one estimate, India currently has about thousands of elite cyber-security experts. It needs to recruit 20,000 people, train and deploy a new generation of cyber-security experts for protecting and defending our digital borders. While crores of rupees are being spent to secure cyberspace, the number of elite cyber-security experts needed to protect and monitor this area for the government and the private sector is dangerously inadequate. There is the need for better cyber-education and more experts as part of core initiatives, but its large-scale implementation will take time.


---Do you want to share you views?? Just leave a comment here. you can also drop an email on amarjit@freehacking.net

No comments:

Post a Comment